At Gaylord Hotels, the health & safety of our guests remain of paramount importance to us.
The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. We have elevated our cleanliness standards and are changing hospitality norms. As a part of Marriott International's family, we have put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19 as outlined in Marriott's Commitment to Clean. These protocols will continue to adapt to current needs, in consultation with federal, state and local authorities and health experts.
01 Health & Safety Expertise
Marriott's Global Cleanliness Council consists of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations.
Gaylord Rockies Resort, Aurora, CO.
This council is continually working to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for our more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The Council is chaired by Ray Bennett, Chief Global Officer, Global Operations, Marriott International, and will benefit from knowledge and input from both in-house and outside experts including senior leaders from across Marriott disciplines like housekeeping, engineering, food safety, occupational health and associate wellbeing.
The Council also includes advisory members Dr. Ruth L. Petran, Senior Corporate Scientist, Food Safety & Public Health for Ecolab, a global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services; Dr. Michael A. Sauri, Infectious Disease Specialist at Adventist Healthcare; Dr. Richard Ghiselli, Head of the School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Purdue University; and Dr. Randy Worobo, Professor of Food Microbiology in the Department of Food Science at Cornell University.
02 Our Commitment to Clean
At Gaylord Hotels, we have implemented a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19.
Below is an overview of the key components of our plan:
Gaylord Palms Resort, Kissimmee, FL.
03 Gaylord Hotels Technology
We are utilizing the latest technology to ensure a sanitary environment.
Guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order food for pick-up or delivery to their rooms. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app.
04 Other COVID-19 Protocols
We have been asked about our specific procedures should we be alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our resort.
All Gaylord Hotels have a dedicated Safety Services team onsite. If the hotel is alerted to a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest will be directed toward appropriate medical care through our staff, who follow the direction of local health authorities. We will then conduct additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols of all areas that the guest may have been in during their visit.
Guest Room Recovery Protocol
In the event there is a guest with a confirmed case of COVID-19, that guest room is removed from service. Similar protocols will be used to address offices and other back of house areas.
05 Specific Actions and Initiatives
Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville, TN
The actions listed below are an overview of the specific protocols that have been implemented during this time. Each operating department has its own customized set of procedures and is built upon the guidance and consultation of infectious disease experts in the country. We will continue to refine and update our plan as our experts provide more information.
07 Guest Rooms
Guest rooms are a place of respite for guests and they need to feel confident that the room is clean and a safe environment.
Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville, TN
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available upon request.
- There will be an increased frequency of filter replacements and HVAC system cleaning to filter out air contaminants and maximize fresh air exchange.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants.
08 Meetings, Conventions & Events
Our meeting, convention and event attendees are of paramount importance to us and we will partner with you to implement appropriate cleaning and sanitizing protocols to keep attendees, and our STARS, healthy and safe.
The following highlights include examples of these protocols:
Gaylord National Resort, National Harbor, MD
All unvaccinated Associates are required to wear face coverings when indoors.
- Disposable cups and glasses are available for all breaks.
- Flatware provided as a roll-up by request.
Gaylord Texan Resort, Grapevine. TX
Meeting Space Protocol
- All unvaccinated Associates are required to wear face coverings when indoors.
- Seating capacities and floor plans are reviewed on an event-by-event basis. This will ensure compliance with physical distancing recommendations from state authorities, as well as local fire department regulations.
- Multiple general sessions/breakout tracks can be implemented for groups to limit mass numbers together at one time (when available).
- Convention public space attendants are dedicated to regular cycles of guest touch point sanitization. High-touch points such as conference room doors, light switches and other equipment are sanitized after each group's use.
- Meeting sets on tables are removed.
- Bottled water alternative upgrades available.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the meeting spaces, convention center, break-out spaces, and corridors.
- Commitment to Clean summary document is made available online to give attendees information about health and safety protocols.
- Groups can choose to test attendees for COVID-19 with recommended partners and manage the process holistically.
09 Restaurants & Bars
In response to the current environment, Gaylord Hotels is following enhanced sanitation guidelines and utilizing food safe trainings for all hosts, servers, food runners, and chefs.
Specific actions and protocols include, but are not limited to, the following:
Gaylord Rockies Resort, Aurora, CO
- Restaurant attendants complete regular cycles of guest touch point sanitization.
- Digital menu options are available via mobile device in select locations.
- Outlets are offering online ordering and delivery to room via A La Carte.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed at the entrance to each outlet.
- All food and beverage STARS are fully trained and compliant in food safety training and protocols.
10 STAR Initiatives
Our STARS - health, safety and knowledge - are essential for an effective cleaning program.
Here are ways we are supporting them:
New & Ongoing Training
In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, STARS have also completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training, with more comprehensive training for STARS with frequent guest contact including housekeeping, food & beverage, public area attendants, hotel operations and loss prevention.
Frequent and proper handwashing practices and utilization of hand sanitizers are both vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our STARS are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
All unvaccinated STARS are required to wear face coverings when indoors.
Real Time Information
Gaylord Hotels corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
11 Special Events at Gaylord Hotels
For over three decades, Gaylord Hotels has become legendary for providing magical holiday events and seasonal activities for visitors of all ages, and this year is no exception. Our special events and activities have all been redesigned to deliver the same extraordinary experience while integrating new, enhanced health and safety measures. Specific protocols vary per attraction and include, but are not limited to, the following:
Wildlife Rescue at Gaylord Hotels
- Ticket sales are now contactless, with physical box offices being replaced with virtual box offices.
- Advance ticket purchases/reservations are required to limit event capacity.
- Mobile tickets are in use, along with ‘touch free' ticketing scanners at events.
- Crowd sizes are limited with guest capacity set in accordance with local and regional regulations.
- All unvaccinated associates are required to wear face coverings when indoors.
- More frequent cleaning using enhanced technologies and hospital grade disinfectants.
- High frequency cleaning rotation for surfaces, rope and stanchion poles, door handles and other applicable areas, following the hotel cleaning standards of high-touch areas.
- Partitions are installed at select point of sale stations.
- Hand sanitizing stations are installed throughout the resort and attractions.
- All STARS wash hands frequently.
- All STARS have completed enhanced COVID-19 training.
- Any props or interactive spaces/elements (e.g. escape rooms, skates) are sanitized between every use.
Shows & Performances:
- Performers will be distanced from guests according to local and state guidelines.
- Seats are sanitized between each show.
- Tables are wrapped with disposable coverings, which are replaced after every use and all tables and chairs are sanitized between guests.
- Escape Room is sanitized thoroughly with hospital grade disinfectant between each group. The room is also sanitized with our electrostatic sprayers.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guest use before and after the experience.
- Private rides only available to one group/family.
- Carriage cleaned after every ride.
- Timed tickets sold in one-hour increments to control crowds.
- Access-controlled environment to ensure compliance with occupancy guidelines.
- Hand sanitizers placed around the attraction.